So, I think it is evident that I am a strong encourager of self-love, self-care, and increasing your self-esteem through your actions. I thought I’d break it down into 5 ways to promote self-love on a daily basis.
- Be conscious of your inner voice. Often we entrap ourselves in a world of our own and in that world sometimes we have a very negative outlook on ourselves. Try to change this if this is the case simply by addressing the fact that you have these thoughts, and be aware of how they make you feel and try to adjust them into more positive, loving thoughts. It is perfectly okay if this does not feel comfortable right away and it will take practice, but you’ll get used to thinking more pleasant thoughts over time.
- Treat yourself. Honestly, we spend most of our time, efforts, and money on other people or things that are standard priorities. It is often that we forget that we deserve a little pick me up, or treat. Whether this is a candy bar, or a new scarf or purse, or even a luxury makeup product we absolutely deserve it and it will remind us we are worthy of it!
- Set priorities. Knowing your priorities in life is essential to self-love because it means when you make them a priority or accomplish your goals that you have taken time and invested in yourself. You need to feel like you have a purpose in life and your purpose needs to come from a source that makes you feel good and whole. So, simply make a list of these things and work on them. If most of your time is being put into other things that are not on this list, try to make a change.
- Take to the “bare necessities.” Remember to hydrate, eat wholesomely, get enough sleep. and stay active. These are the bare necessities which will absolutely help with self-love and improve self-esteem because no matter what is going on around you as long as you are taking care of these necessary items, you will have the energy and the health to focus on any other issues that may arise.
- Meditate and focus. So, the last bit of advice I can give for improving self-love and awareness is to meditate. This is so vital to improving your relationship with yourself because it gives you time to be with yourself! You can either choose to address your thoughts or simply let yourself be free and tranquil. It’s all up to you but no matter what, you need to spend time with yourself and allow yourself to get through your thoughts and emotions. It is essential!
This is a very small list of things, and I may continue this list in an upcoming post but please try to think of yourself this weekend. Make yourself your priority and you will blossom and bloom.