Hi, my loves!
I am fully enthralled with the trend of girl bosses and hope it remains a trend until the end of time. We all come from different backgrounds and girl boss may mean many different things to different people but it, in the end, is a statement of power and knowing you can handle anything or any obstacle that comes to life. I am going to go over a few (basic) routine habits you can add to your current morning schedule that will bring health, happiness, and clarity to your day which in turn will allow you to focus on being a #GirlBoss.
- Start every day hydrated. Drink water, hydrate your body and don’t reach for the coffee right away. Studies show that drinking coffee on an empty stomach can make you more jittery, so take time to make a healthy breakfast, drink your water, and then grab a coffee.
- Yoga. Yoga is an excellent way to start your day because it will not only relax you but it will give you a light stretch of your muscles which will release any tension or strain from sleeping. This time can also be used to bring clarity to your mind and you can set an intention for the upcoming day.
- Look at your schedule/To-Do List. Take a few moments to look at your To-Do List and prioritize your day, make sure you do not overschedule yourself but do enough where you feel accomplished. If you have work or school that day, try to find time to schedule a leisure activity even if on a small scale because it will benefit you to have some downtime.
- Get ready and enjoy it. We often overlook this time of the day but it can be a calming ritual for us if we allow it. Putting on makeup or doing our hair, taking a shower, applying perfume, changing our clothes can be a time to reflect or even just watch inspiring Youtube videos and get into a positive mindset. If we see getting ready as a chore, it will be a chore and we won’t view it as a time to be alone and take care of ourselves.
- Tidy Up. This is something I feel should be done at all times but making your bed, putting away any clothes you chose not to wear or putting your products back should be a step you should add to your routine if you haven’t already. I love the feeling of coming home and not having to worry about a mess since I put items away as I am done with them.
These are just a few habits everyone should incorporate in their day no matter who they are because it will establish a base routine to add more positive habits.
Girl bosses and guy bosses know themselves, and they know themselves well. They encourage others like they encourage themselves. They are passionate and thoughtful and know how to make decisions. I truly admire all of the people out there who are able to work hard for what they want and have a fierce determination.
Have a lovely, positive evening!