Hello, my dears!
We all have a desire to have youthful, soft, and glowing skin but sometimes it is difficult to keep up with grueling regimes of anti-aging products, massages, and treatments. Today’s blog post will be on 12 basic steps you can take to gain healthier looking skin and prevent premature aging. I personally am working on protecting my skin from future damage and I believe everyone can aid their skin to look its best without spending a fortune.
12 Steps To More Youthful-Looking Skin
- Healthy skin begins with moisture. Moisturizing provides the skin with essential nutrients which allow the skin to heal and stay supple and soft. Look for moisturizers with components like vitamin C, E, and A as well as high-quality alpha hydroxy acids.
- Stay out of the sun. UV radiation accelerates the aging process of the skin, which leads to fine lines and wrinkles prematurely. While being out in the sun is wonderful for vitamin D production, it is not recommended to be outside for extended periods of time without protection and protective clothing.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleeping enough (around 7-8 hours a night) can reduce under eye circles or baggy under eyes. It also is the period when our skin restores itself. Be aware of your sleep habits and your skin will thank you!
- Wash your face twice a day. I know it can be easy to pass up the morning cleanse but try to make sure you are cleansing both in the morning and before bed. Choose a gentle cleanser in the morning and a deep cleanser at night that will remove any makeup or build up from the day. This will not only provide clean skin but also prevent aging your skin!
- Take your vitamins. Vitamin A, C, and E all keep the skin looking healthy. There are many options for multivitamins which you can take to keep a glow to your skin. If you are struggling to find what will work for you, contact your dermatologist.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is an essential part of preventing aging skin. You can moisturize all day but if you are not hydrated from within, your skin will be dry and will result in looking fatigued.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating foods that are high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids — such as flaxseed, salmon, and dark-green vegetables — helps your body fight off free radicals that can damage your skin. Avoid processed foods and foods high in sugar, which may contribute to breaking down your skin’s collagen.
- Avoid cigarettes. Cigarette smoke contains a chemical that can break down the collagen and elastin in your skin, which leads to wrinkles and premature aging.
- Always exfoliate. Exfoliating helps brighten the skin and make it look and feel more polished. It helps remove dead skin cells and can even lighten the appearance of acne scars.
- Cut down on stress. Getting stressed regularly increases cortisol levels in your body, which in turn puts excess stress on your body. Too much stress makes your skin tired and speeds the aging process. Nobody needs extra stress in their lives, so make it a habit to exercise regularly or practice meditation.
- Wear sunglasses. The skin around your eyes is especially sensitive, so wearing large sunglasses helps protect it from UV rays. They also reduce squinting, which prevents crow’s feet and wrinkles.
- See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Perhaps most important for keeping your skin looking younger is seeking professional help. A dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help you create a skin care regimen that’s ideally suited for your skin type and help identify areas where your skin needs more attention. Visit egoziplasticsurgerycenter.com for more information.
And if you want a helpful quick guide:
Courtesy of Egozi Plastic Surgery Center
I truly hope this guide helped, I really believe taking care of your skin is a wonderful act of self-care and self-love! If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below! I hope you are having a lovely day!