I recently picked up a new mask from Target and I thought I’d do a review on it since it is a newer release to Target and I want you to be able to make an informed decision before purchasing. The mask is the “in the honey” mask by Bliss.
The “in the honey” mask retails for $16 USD for 50ML or 1.7 fl oz. It is available at Target, Ulta, and online at Blissworld.com. So, the initial reason I purchased this mask was that of the name and knowing that there was going to be honey in it. I personally love honey when it comes to skincare because it is so moisturizing and anti-inflammatory. This mask is supposed to be a moisturizing mask as opposed to a pore cleansing or purifying mask.
The mask is a thick, but not sticky, honey-colored almost gel formula. It smells just like it is described as a honey-lavender mask. The active ingredients in this mask are as follows:
- Acacia Honey: Rich in natural sugars, it draws moisture to skin to create a hydrating veil while antioxidants protect against oxidative and environmental damage.
- Honey Extract: Boosts moisture and radiance in depleted skin.
- Propolis Extract: Also called “bee glue,” as in the hive, it is used to seal and protect the hive and its chambers that house baby bees; used since ancient times to balance, heal and soothe skin.
- Squalane: Plant sugar-derived moisturizer balances skin by improving water reserves and limiting moisture loss.
- Cocoa Seed Extract: Contains high levels of antioxidants to help protect from damage while soothing skin for an improved complexion.
- Lavender Oil: Known for its antioxidant and skin-calming properties.
To use, you simply apply a layer of product and wait about 10-15 minutes before washing off, and follow with pat drying.
The results of this mask, for me, were wonderful. I truly could see a visible difference in the redness of my face (which I assume is from the lavender) and the moisture that was left behind was so good that I woke up the next morning with subtle, nourished skin.
I think this product is well worth the money and I can see myself getting a number of applications out of this product. I believe any skin type could use this mask without irritation or complications. I did not break out from this mask and that’s another bonus for me!
Overall, I give this product the thumbs up in my book. I will definitely be looking at buying more Bliss products in the future and you should let me know in the comments if you have tried this mask or any other Bliss products!