Hello, my dears!
This past week has been hard on me, and I have been relying on essential oils more than usual. Essential oils are oils which are derived from various herbs, flowers, and resins of plants, etc. I personally have been using them for about three years now and I can tell that they have played a large part in relieving stress in my life. I personally am lucky that essential oils have an immediate effect on me, so I am able to use them as needed. The essential oil which has had the most influence on my anxiety and stress is lavender essential oil. Lavender is known for calming and relaxing and could easily put me to sleep but it has many other roles as well which I’m going to briefly go over today.
- Lavender can be used in aromatherapy. It is a wonderful smelling oil with properties that soothe and calm. It can be used in soap, lotions, or perfumes. You can also make pillow sprays, room sprays, etc to promote sleep and wellness.
- It can be used as an acne treatment. The way lavender works with acne is by being an antibacterial and reducing inflammation. It can also be used as an acne scar healer as well.
- A pain reliever. Lavender, when topically applied and used with a massage can relieve many muscle pains!
- Improves blood circulation. This wonderful oil has the ability to lower blood pressure and increase blood circulation and is often used for those who have hypertension. You can get the results by using lavender as an aromatherapy tool.
- Strengthens your immune system. Lavender is an immunity booster since it has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Lavender was used this way in earlier times to treat infections.
Lavender is also known for treating nausea, aids in digestive flow, and may even prevent cancer from forming.
I highly encourage you to find a use for lavender essential oil in your life. It is such a lovely, natural oil which can provide many reliefs to symptoms, specifically anxiety and worries. Make sure when you are looking for oils though, that you find a high-quality oil so you can get the most benefits.
Until Next Time!
(p.s. Regular posting will resume Sunday.)