Hello, my loves!
Today I am going to be talking my current favorite vegan skincare products as well as a bit of body care. I recently switched over to vegan skincare as I am on a vegan diet now and honestly, it was not as difficult as I thought it would be because I was already using a lot of natural products.
I will walk you through my simple routine.
- Face Wash/Make-up Remover. I use the Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash. I can honestly say I’ve tried a lot of make-up removers in the past an
d this is the best one I have ever used. This completely removes my make-up and I do not even need to double cleanse if I didn’t feel like it. I typically hop in the shower after this step, so my makeup does come off if there is any residue left behind. I am completely impressed with this product though, and I recommend it to anyone who wants a fast and simple makeup remover that is vegan.
- Toner. I like to use a toner after I get out of the shower to balance and hydrate my skin. I’ve been using the Avalon Organics Wrinkle Therapy toner with Rose-hip oil. This is a wonderful toner which is actually hydrating instead of drying. I enjoy it because it is more of an oily consistency than an alcohol one. I think this works great at getting any left over dirt and also just making the skin calm. It is supposed to act as an anti-aging product but I do not know if it has helped as of yet.
- Vitamin E Oil. I like to either apply a lotion, or vitamin E oil at this point and I give myself a facial massage. I think doing facial massage with vitamin E oil has benefited my skin more than anything else. There is something so soothing about giving yourself a massage and releasing muscle tension from the day. Vitamin E oil is great for scars, aging skin, and providing your skin with nutrient rich oil. You can literally find this oil anywhere!
- Moisturizer. As stated, some nights my skin is really dry so I add a moisturizer. I either use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream [vegan as far as I know…] or I just purchased the Mad Hippie Face Cream which is a lighter cream that is perfect for sensitive skin or acne prone skin like mine.
- Coconut oil. Everyone knows about coconut oil and it is a great body moisturizer, especially going into colder months. I have seriously dry skin on my body and it’s good to bring serious moisture back into it. I recommend using this at night because it can definitely get greasy at times.
- Lavender Body Lotion from Fresh Thyme. I found a brand which is vegan at Fresh Thyme, which is one of the local more organic food stores near me. I think it can be found online though or in other states than where I live – but anyways, they have a lovely lavender scented lotion which is thick and hydrating.
- Coconut Essence Hydro Mist by Pacifica. So, this doesn’t exactly go with body care but sometimes I like to spray this refreshing mist on my face or my chest when I want a warm smelling pick-me-up or simply to re-hydrate dull make-up.
- Tahitian Gardenia Perfumed Hair & Body Mist. I cannot rave about this product enough. If you are looking for a heavy duty, long lasting body mist you are in luck. Pacifica carries the nicest scents and they are so worth the money as you are getting a ton of product and not much is needed at all. Actually, be careful at first if you or someone around you is sensitive to fragrance because this may offend some people. Highly recommended though!
I hope this post helped anyone looking for vegan skincare options! I really think it is easier than ever to switch over than ever! If you have any suggestions you think I’d like, please let me know I seriously am always looking to improve my skin.
Have a nice evening and a lovely tomorrow ~