Hi, my loves!
Today I thought I’d do a review on a product I’ve been using for a while now, almost every day. This is the Wet and Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipstick.
There are two particular colors I am drawn to. The first one, being “Give Me Mocha“, which is a more neutral, almost 90s mocha/brick color. This color mimics quite closely the natural lip color I already have so it’s perfect for every day wear. The next color, is a more vibrant color, which is “Berry Recognize“, a very bold pink-berry shade.
I really like this liquid lipstick, like a lot. At first, I thought the applicator was slightly difficult to use but over time I’ve gotten used to it. It applies evenly and distributes the color wonderfully. You literally need only one coat of this lipstick unless you really want to build up the pigmentation. The lipstick is a little drying, but I like it because it means it actually does dry down to a true matte lipstick. You can eat oil-based foods with this lipstick and you don’t need to touch up.
This product is cruelty-free and vegan! It also retails for around $5 USD. I have seen these at both Walgreens and Target for those who are wondering! There’s a decent shade range, and there are always new colors coming out for the holidays. Also, they do carry a metallic range of this formula and they are so beautiful to apply alone or on top of another lipstick.
If you are looking to expand your cruelty-free makeup collection, Wet and Wild has always been a favorite of mine. I also recommend their contour palette, highlighters, and their lip pencils.
If you have any shades you like from this range, please let me know in the comments because I am always keen to pick new ones up! I hope you are all having a lovely week so far!
Hello, my loves!
In the theme of summer, I thought I would share my favorite body butters for summer. I like to keep moisturized all year round but in summer I am more particular about the way my skin looks because we wear less clothing during the warm weather. Nobody likes to have dehydrated skin, and these work perfect to combat that.
The first one I am enjoying is the Body Shop Body Butter in Almond Milk & Honey. I have always loved the Body Shop Body Butters and this is no exception. This is a rich, dense formula which will keep you feeling silky smooth for up to 48 hours as it claims on the tub. The fragrance is a calming yet sweet almond-honey smell that I truly think everyone would enjoy. This body butter does not take too long to absorb into the skin but you can immediately tell a difference after it s applied.
The next are made by the same company and are the same product but are in a different scent. They are the Philosophy Glazed Body Souffle in Honey and Cream and The Ice Cream Man. These have to be hands down the best smelling body butters I have used in my entire life. I’ve never smelled anything so sweet and bakery scented that I can actually put on my body! The formula is wonderful as well and is thick and quick absorbing and leaves a wonderful glow on the skin. I believe that Philosophy rotates their scents that are available so these may not be available still but definitely look for them online because they have a huge variety.
The last one I thought I’d mention is more in particular for stretch marks. I bought the Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter to try to help combat some stretch marks I have recently noticed on my stomach from a repeated cycle of weight loss and weight gain. I decided to try this and I can definitely say it is working. I like it because it isn’t horribly thick or overly scented. Since it is for expecting mothers there is actually no added fragrance, and all you can tell is the smell of the cocoa and Shea butters. For the summer, this is the perfect body butter to use on stretch marks or any other areas you may want to keep moisturized. You can definitely use this one in combination with the others too.
There are many other wonderful body butters on the market that I enjoy as well, but these are just the ones for summer that I have been using and think you would enjoy too! Just remember, taking care of our skin is a form of self-care and we should all take a little time to take care of ourselves. I hope your week is going well and you are staying cool, and I will be posting again on Sunday!
Hello, my loves!
I have been really into embracing summer this year. Sometimes the heat gets to me but I am still trying to get outside as much as possible. With being outside in the humid or dry weather it can make skin dehydrated. I have a simple and affordable skincare routine that I’d like to share with you today!
Makeup Removal: Coconut Oil is my savior when it comes to removing makeup in the summer. It is an oil, so it breaks down makeup instantly and also leaves the skin quenched and is also antibacterial which helps with fighting acne. I really like to deeply work this oil into a massage and wipe off with a dry wash cloth.
Cleansing: I like to use a gentle face wash like Cetaphil, to remove any remaining traces of makeup as well as clean my face. After a long day there is a lot of build up and dirt that needs to still be removed and a simple, gentle cleanser is perfect for this.
Toner: I like to use Thayer’s Witch Hazel and Rose Petal Toner. I simply add it to a cotton ball and rub in circular motions around my face to remove any remaining dirt and to balance the skin’s pH. Toning can also clear up any acne that you have on your face or body, so it is a great step to add to a skincare routine when you are sweating a lot during the day.
Serum: Sometimes I will use a serum, depending on how my skin looks. If it needs some brightening or moisture, I will typically use the Glow serum by Valjean Labs. I found this serum at TJ Maxx and it is made with Vitamin C and Magnesium to even out skin tone and balance skin.
Moisturizer: I am currently using Rosen Apothecary Collagen Firming Beauty Cream as a moisturizer. I found this at TJ Maxx and it is a nice, thick, easily absorbed cream which provides overnight moisture as well as some firming properties if used consistently. It’s a nice product to use during the summer because it is super hydrating since it is made with many different beneficial oils like rose hip oil and argan oil.
So, for the most part that is my summer skincare routine. I also use masks from time to time but I feel like saving that for another post. Skincare for me equals self-care, and it is important to take care of our body, mind, and spirit.
Until Next Time,
Hello, my loves!
I’ve got another Bliss face mask review today! The last one I reviewed was the honey mask, and today I will be reviewing the overnight watermelon mask.
I purchased the “What A Melon” face mask at Target for $12.99, and it retails on the Bliss website for $16.00 so I think it is a great bargain to buy your Bliss products at Target. The product comes with 1.7 fl oz of product and is cruelty free. I purchased this product because I tend to have dull and somewhat dry skin when I wake up in the morning and thought this might help.
I’ve noticed that the Bliss face masks are very rich and concentrated with good ingredients which means you do not have to pile on product to get the benefits from the mask. This results in spending less money to have to replace the product after a week’s worth of uses.
The key ingredients in the “What A Melon” mask are:
- Watermelon Fruit Extract: A more concentrated source of lycopene than tomatoes, this antioxidant-rich fruit extract replenishes lost vitamins and minerals as it improves the moisture barrier to help prevent dehydration and water loss; also acts as a natural toner to cleanse and refresh skin
- Magnesium Aspartate & Copper and Zinc Gluconates: Electrolytes that help balance skin and protect from free radicals
- Rice Bran Extract: Known to help fight irritation and redness while helping maintain supple skin
- Cucumber Fruit Extract: Helps moisturize dry, damaged skin for a softer, smoother appearance
- Avena Sativa Oat Kernel Extract: Moisturizes and soothes to bring dull skin back to life
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Unique moisturizer – with an even smaller molecule size than hyaluronic acid – holds 1000x its weight in water for lightweight hydration
- Timiron Halo™: Cosmetic-grade radiant strobing powder designed to capture a natural-looking glow and shimmering finish to refine facial features
- (found on Bliss.com)
The mask comes in a thin cream consistency which is soaked in quickly by dehydrated skin and dries quickly so that the product does not rub off onto a pillow during the night. You simply apply it by massaging a thick layer onto clean, dry skin and wait a minute to dry and you are ready for bed. Wash the mask off in the morning and it leaves you with soft, radiant skin which will look good without makeup or under makeup.
As for scent, it does indeed smell like a watermelon but it isn’t sickeningly sweet and it does not linger.
I truly think Bliss does amazing skincare products and I am so happy they have found their way into Target’s isles. I loved this mask, and it did exactly what it claimed to do which was hydrate and revive skin overnight. My skin looked healthy and did not have any negative reaction to the mask. For the price, the amount of product, and the wonderful ingredients, I’d definitely recommend this product.
Click this photo (link) to purchase using my affiliate link! ❤
I hope you all are having a lovely week! If you have any questions about the mask, let me know in the comments! If you’ve tried any Bliss products you loved, let me know as well!
Hello, my loves!
I hope your weekend is going well so far. I have had one of the best weeks I have had in a long time! Anyways, I thought today I could bring you another quick review. It is on the Soap And Glory Melty Talented Dry Skin Balm.
I bought this balm a few weeks ago and I have really been enjoying it ever since. The Melty Talented is a pink colored balm, which has a solid consistency at room temperature but once warmed up against fingertips, it turns into a soothing oil. It claims it is for dry lips, hair tips, elbows, knees, and cuticles.
I have mostly used it on my knees and elbows and I can say it is a very fast acting oil for dry skin. I have chronically dry skin when seasons change and this has prevented me from having to layer on thick creams which takes a lot more time to rub in usually. With this balm it rubs in instantly and there isn’t even too much of a greasy feel to it either. The smell is amazing and is a warm, vanilla cupcake scent. This product retails for $6 USD for 1 o.z. (a little goes a long way) and can be found at Walgreens or on Soap and Glory’s website.
I can recommend this product to anyone who wants soft, great smelling skin, at a fair price. I love Soap and Glory, and often feel the brand is not always given recognition even when their products are stellar!
Well, I hope you enjoyed my review and if you have any Soap and Glory products you can recommend I would absolutely love to hear about them! So, leave them in the comments!
Until Next Time,
Hello, my friends!
I am a very productive person when I want to be, but sometimes I lack the desire to make endless lists, or even schedule batches of time to do work. I think a lot of us have similar issues and want to improve our levels of productivity. Today’s blog is going to be on simple ways to get more work done and using creativity to do so.
- Bullet Journal. Honestly, this is one of the most fun and entertaining things I do. Using a bullet journal has helped me stay organized, get work done, and also has worked as a form of subtle therapy. You can add stickers, or washi tape, or go crazy with any sort of artwork you desire! It’ll become a second home for you. If you’re interested in learning more about methods of bullet journaling, you should YouTube some of the videos which go into more detail about all the setups you can use.
- Listen to an audiobook or a podcast. Maximize your productivity with multi-tasking. You can do housework or yardwork while listening to an audiobook or learning valuable information from a podcast.
- Have a morning and night routine. Sticking to a morning and night routine will give you the time to relax (due to repetition) while being productive. Turn off your phone or television and read a book or read the newspaper. Make your bed without fail, do a little exercise when you wake up. It’s more about learning to utilize time properly than anything else. Once you have your morning and night routine you can start incorporating work or creative projects into your daily routine.
- Use graphs. Graphs can be a way to visualize your goals and the progress you need to make in order to achieve them. Grab some colored pens and start graphing. Make mind maps, charts, or even a digital version but keep yourself invested in what it is you want to achieve and look back at it when you are feeling lost.
- Do something new. Getting inspired is important to learning and growth. You should try something new at least once a week and see if you gain a new perspective. Change your location as often as possible and it will lead to opportunities you never could have expected.
I’m always looking for new ways to be creative about being productive, so if you have any ideas you want to share, feel free to leave them in the comments!