Hello, my loves!
I thought I’d do a quick, late night review of the sukin hydrating facial mask which I’ve used a few times now and can already tell you my opinion on. So, as it states it is a hydrating mask which is to be applied to damp skin and then left on for about fifteen minutes or until mostly absorbed into the skin. I love moisturizing masks more than clay or detox masks because I feel you can instantly see the results. With this mask in particular, it is formulated with mango seed butter, avocado, and olive oil. I am not sure which ingredient it is that has such a positive effect on my skin but after applying this mask for the first time I immediately saw a brightening effect which I rarely get from any mask. My skin had a soft, radiant glow which is rare for me because I have acne prone skin. Seeing as the mask retails for about $11 USD, I am absolutely pleased with my purchase! sukin is cruelty-free brand and I believe it is also vegan! I bought mine at a local health food store so I’m sure you can easily get your hands on it either there or online. I know this was a quick review but I wanted to get this post up!
Hello, my loves!
I have been really into embracing summer this year. Sometimes the heat gets to me but I am still trying to get outside as much as possible. With being outside in the humid or dry weather it can make skin dehydrated. I have a simple and affordable skincare routine that I’d like to share with you today!
Makeup Removal: Coconut Oil is my savior when it comes to removing makeup in the summer. It is an oil, so it breaks down makeup instantly and also leaves the skin quenched and is also antibacterial which helps with fighting acne. I really like to deeply work this oil into a massage and wipe off with a dry wash cloth.
Cleansing: I like to use a gentle face wash like Cetaphil, to remove any remaining traces of makeup as well as clean my face. After a long day there is a lot of build up and dirt that needs to still be removed and a simple, gentle cleanser is perfect for this.
Toner: I like to use Thayer’s Witch Hazel and Rose Petal Toner. I simply add it to a cotton ball and rub in circular motions around my face to remove any remaining dirt and to balance the skin’s pH. Toning can also clear up any acne that you have on your face or body, so it is a great step to add to a skincare routine when you are sweating a lot during the day.
Serum: Sometimes I will use a serum, depending on how my skin looks. If it needs some brightening or moisture, I will typically use the Glow serum by Valjean Labs. I found this serum at TJ Maxx and it is made with Vitamin C and Magnesium to even out skin tone and balance skin.
Moisturizer: I am currently using Rosen Apothecary Collagen Firming Beauty Cream as a moisturizer. I found this at TJ Maxx and it is a nice, thick, easily absorbed cream which provides overnight moisture as well as some firming properties if used consistently. It’s a nice product to use during the summer because it is super hydrating since it is made with many different beneficial oils like rose hip oil and argan oil.
So, for the most part that is my summer skincare routine. I also use masks from time to time but I feel like saving that for another post. Skincare for me equals self-care, and it is important to take care of our body, mind, and spirit.
Until Next Time,
Hello, my loves!
I hope your weekend is going well so far. I have had one of the best weeks I have had in a long time! Anyways, I thought today I could bring you another quick review. It is on the Soap And Glory Melty Talented Dry Skin Balm.
I bought this balm a few weeks ago and I have really been enjoying it ever since. The Melty Talented is a pink colored balm, which has a solid consistency at room temperature but once warmed up against fingertips, it turns into a soothing oil. It claims it is for dry lips, hair tips, elbows, knees, and cuticles.
I have mostly used it on my knees and elbows and I can say it is a very fast acting oil for dry skin. I have chronically dry skin when seasons change and this has prevented me from having to layer on thick creams which takes a lot more time to rub in usually. With this balm it rubs in instantly and there isn’t even too much of a greasy feel to it either. The smell is amazing and is a warm, vanilla cupcake scent. This product retails for $6 USD for 1 o.z. (a little goes a long way) and can be found at Walgreens or on Soap and Glory’s website.
I can recommend this product to anyone who wants soft, great smelling skin, at a fair price. I love Soap and Glory, and often feel the brand is not always given recognition even when their products are stellar!
Well, I hope you enjoyed my review and if you have any Soap and Glory products you can recommend I would absolutely love to hear about them! So, leave them in the comments!
Until Next Time,
Hi, my loves! Happy Sunday!
I wanted to let you know I am going to be blogging every Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday from now on just in case you wanted to know! ✨ I appreciate everyone who has been reading my blog it means the world to me you guys want to read what I have to say!
Have a lovely evening and the rest of your week!
Love always, Julie
Hello, my dears!
We all have a desire to have youthful, soft, and glowing skin but sometimes it is difficult to keep up with grueling regimes of anti-aging products, massages, and treatments. Today’s blog post will be on 12 basic steps you can take to gain healthier looking skin and prevent premature aging. I personally am working on protecting my skin from future damage and I believe everyone can aid their skin to look its best without spending a fortune.
12 Steps To More Youthful-Looking Skin
- Healthy skin begins with moisture. Moisturizing provides the skin with essential nutrients which allow the skin to heal and stay supple and soft. Look for moisturizers with components like vitamin C, E, and A as well as high-quality alpha hydroxy acids.
- Stay out of the sun. UV radiation accelerates the aging process of the skin, which leads to fine lines and wrinkles prematurely. While being out in the sun is wonderful for vitamin D production, it is not recommended to be outside for extended periods of time without protection and protective clothing.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleeping enough (around 7-8 hours a night) can reduce under eye circles or baggy under eyes. It also is the period when our skin restores itself. Be aware of your sleep habits and your skin will thank you!
- Wash your face twice a day. I know it can be easy to pass up the morning cleanse but try to make sure you are cleansing both in the morning and before bed. Choose a gentle cleanser in the morning and a deep cleanser at night that will remove any makeup or build up from the day. This will not only provide clean skin but also prevent aging your skin!
- Take your vitamins. Vitamin A, C, and E all keep the skin looking healthy. There are many options for multivitamins which you can take to keep a glow to your skin. If you are struggling to find what will work for you, contact your dermatologist.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is an essential part of preventing aging skin. You can moisturize all day but if you are not hydrated from within, your skin will be dry and will result in looking fatigued.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating foods that are high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids — such as flaxseed, salmon, and dark-green vegetables — helps your body fight off free radicals that can damage your skin. Avoid processed foods and foods high in sugar, which may contribute to breaking down your skin’s collagen.
- Avoid cigarettes. Cigarette smoke contains a chemical that can break down the collagen and elastin in your skin, which leads to wrinkles and premature aging.
- Always exfoliate. Exfoliating helps brighten the skin and make it look and feel more polished. It helps remove dead skin cells and can even lighten the appearance of acne scars.
- Cut down on stress. Getting stressed regularly increases cortisol levels in your body, which in turn puts excess stress on your body. Too much stress makes your skin tired and speeds the aging process. Nobody needs extra stress in their lives, so make it a habit to exercise regularly or practice meditation.
- Wear sunglasses. The skin around your eyes is especially sensitive, so wearing large sunglasses helps protect it from UV rays. They also reduce squinting, which prevents crow’s feet and wrinkles.
- See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Perhaps most important for keeping your skin looking younger is seeking professional help. A dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help you create a skin care regimen that’s ideally suited for your skin type and help identify areas where your skin needs more attention. Visit egoziplasticsurgerycenter.com for more information.
And if you want a helpful quick guide:
Courtesy of Egozi Plastic Surgery Center
I truly hope this guide helped, I really believe taking care of your skin is a wonderful act of self-care and self-love! If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below! I hope you are having a lovely day!
Hello, my dears!
We have all been there when the budget we have is low, and we are bored but want to shop. I have been there quite a few times and I thought I’d share a few things you could do when your budget doesn’t allow some of the other plans you hoped for.
- Thrift Shop. So, some people have reservations about thrifting but I believe it can be one of the most fun and economically friendly past times. There’s plenty of items you can purchase at the thrift store besides clothes. I like to look at the vintage teacups or even the paper supplies. There’s plenty of clothes or items for your home like furniture or decorations. Basically, you can go here and spend less than twenty dollars and go home happy so it’s definitely a budget-friendly option.
- Second Hand Book Store. This is similar to the thrift shopping but there are gobs and gobs of books! I love to learn and read but sometimes books can get expensive so I love going to second-hand bookstores and spending a long time looking for something that will keep me entertained for hours.
- Dollar Tree. Honestly, the dollar tree is great for anyone who wants to do art projects or decorate their home for the season. You can get anything from candles to mirrors, to decorative ornaments. They have a pretty well-stocked paper supply section and always have tons of stickers! Also, their candy aisle is always a treat!
- Tj-Maxx. Tj-Maxx has recently become one of my favorite stores, especially for skin care items. They have a wonderful selection of high-end products which you can pay a fraction of the price for. They also have clothes, home goods, even tea, and snacks!
I thought it would be fun to write this post because I know I am always looking for a deal or to pay less for quality items. If you have any other ideas for budget-friendly shopping leave them in a comment below! ❤